Tejora, a PrimeSoft company is seeking a seasoned FinOps practitioner with good experience in Microsoft Azure cloud platform, Azure advisory, and Cloud Financial Management. This role will primarily focus on FinOps initiatives spanning across multi-cloud platforms (primarily Azure for now), with responsibility of driving cloud cost optimization strategies and governance. The FinOps practitioner is expected to perform the following activities:
- Assess FinOps maturity and make strategic recommendations to help achieve client’s business objectives
- Work closely with the client to lead them through discovery engagements to identify gaps and synthesize plans that will allow the customer to be successful.
- Drive the adoption and implementation of new tools, technologies, processes to improve overall operational efficiency and align with client’s business objectives/decisions
- Analyze consumption, help stakeholders in understanding past/current cloud spend, forecasting of budget and suggest optimization/savings plans
- Monitor cloud consumption, troubleshoot (detect, investigate, and escalate) anomalies and unplanned spikes in cloud usage data — Perform analysis, generate insights, document and
- present findings (cost reports, KPI) to client leadership.
- Analyze, report, and produce meaningful reports from large raw datasets — Design, develop, and maintain reports, processes and KPIs that provide detailed usage statistics and costs correlations across teams.
- Implement processes and frameworks that allow the client to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions.
- Develop optimization and automation strategies of business processes — Create Business analysis artifacts and processes that can be standardized and repeated, increasing the maturity and effectiveness of FinOps team.
- Perform cloud cost variance periodically and provide insights to IT Management.
- Assist IT Planning & Budgeting team during the Budget cycle with Cloud spend forecast and re-forecast numbers.
- Assist IT stakeholders in organizing and facilitating product purchases from Azure/AWS Marketplace.
- Develop and enhance Power BI reports, and understand cloud usage/spend across multi-cloud platforms like Azure, AWS, etc.
- Manage FinOps stakeholder communications and define FinOps KPIs for IT Executives
- Excellent communication skills to coordinate with multiple teams, gather information, articulate the requirements, and drive the execution till completion.
- The selected candidate shall be a self-starter and can work independently, understand the dynamics of the client organization and take ownership of activities.
- Help accelerate the growth of FinOps practice, coach and mentor a team of FinOps analysts, identify trainings and certifications to ensure successful delivery of customer project
Skills / Experience:
- B.E / B.Tech degree in Computer Science or Information Technology; Master’s degree in Business Administration (Finance) is a plus.
- Deep knowledge in Azure, AWS cloud platforms, product portfolio and cost models; Certifications to demonstrate expertise in cloud platforms is a plus.
- FinOps practitioner with extensive experience in cloud cost management, cloud spend optimization tools and prior experience in Azure Cloud Cost Management, Azure Advisor or tools like Cloudability, Turbonomic, etc.
- Extensive experience in developing Analytical reports showcasing planned vs. actual at all corporate levels (project-based, departmental, and company-level).
Expert at analyzing, manipulating and interpreting large data-sets using Power BI, SQL and Advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Proven experience in analyzing large amount of data to provide meaningful analysis and derive insights to actionable recommendations.
- Ability to define, measure and report on ROI for IT projects is a huge plus
- Enthusiastic to challenge the status quo and passionate about driving new initiatives, exploring new technologies and toolset.
- Ability to engage, interact independently with client personnel and work in a highly demanding environment.
- Problem solver, creative thinker, driven and self-motivated with growth mindset.
Self-organized, ability to operate independently and set direction for the team.
- Team player with ability to interact and coordinate with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills.
0 to 30 days